Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PROCRASTINATION




I love the mail. (MONDAYS ONLY) I love the sound of the mailman coming around the corner. Then I hear his sliding door open and shut. If it is Monday, that means we are getting a letter from our missionary. He officially has his flight plans and will be calling us next Monday during his layover. He is calling between 2 and 3:30 so don't call (I really don't get calls during the day anyway), I can't answer. Pretty exciting. He is loving life and his big excitement is wondering which Apostle will be speaking to the elders and hermanas at the MTC for Thanksgiving. I know part of him is dying to be playing in the Turkey Bowl but the fact that he is looking for the good makes a mom's heart proud. Grateful for letters from my son is the though for Tuesday.


Monday I didn't write but here goes. On Monday mornings, I teach a water aerobics class. As I was leaving with my wet suit and towel wrapped around my lower half, I noticed a blind man with a stick wandering through the parking lot. I asked him if I he needed some help. (Obviously if he was blind he could not see my hot body in the lime green swim suit so I had no qualms about talking to him) He said he was looking for the Dept. of Rehab.. He was in the wrong parking lot so I told him I could help him around the corner where the building he needed to go to was located. He said he would love some help so off we went. It took about 10 minutes, so I did a good deed and had a chance to contemplate all that I have that is good and the laundry was able to wait for 10 minutes. The simple things like arms, legs, eyes, and all the things that work just because I am blessed. So thank you to Heavenly Father for an amazing body that only stops working when I stop taking care of it.

No comments:

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!