Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Elder Urmston is in Paraguay




I have to share this fun letter. I can't believe how happy my son is. He has always been a happy kid but never really expressed it in words, just went around the house spreading love and cheer. It sounds cheesy but he really did. Last Wednesday in our email he told us he would call us from the airport on Monday afternoon while he was having a layover in Georgia. Monday morning I went to the gym only to come home and find out I had missed his call. I called Marc to tell him while trying not to shed any tears but darn they rolled down my cheeks anyway. I didn't know if that would be the only call and his plans had changed or what the happenings would be. Lucky for me he called again about 15 minutes later. His flight out of Salt Lake had been delayed due to weather and they said they could call. (Totally amazed at the perfect obedience that the MTC has instilled in my son. His greatest desire is to be obedient. Like I said TOTALLY AMAZED)The first thing he asked, after telling me they gave them permission to call, was what is up with gas prices? Is the end coming? When he went in the MTC gas was still in the $4 range and the entire van was mesmerized as they passed gas station with a van full of elders cramming their faces up to the windows to take a gander at one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It was so stinkin' cute I had to share and below is his first letter from Paraguay. I promise not to post all of them because I know we only read posts of a couple paragraphs but indulge me because I have to admit that missing him is overshadowed one thousand percent with all the wonder of seeing him grow.
yyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! im here paraguay is so awesome. everything is amazing. its like 80 degrees with people in the world, said its not going to last it should be above 100 with some sweet humidity in about 4 weeks. cant wait. i dont know who my companion is yet or were im serving but i find out tonight and ill let a nice breeze and not to much humidity. pero President Bradley, who has to be top 5 coolest you know monday. a couple of rules i can only email immediate family and i get an hour each p-day. i still have dearelder which is free so hit me up on that por favor. umm i can sent letters but it cost like 7 mill which is like a buck 50ish. and it takes like a week and a half to three weeks to get anything. what else can i tell you oh last night we stayed in a hotel which was.... umm nice. its so weird being in the world. everything is so different i cant believe how sheltered we were in the mtc. we have already seen some pretty sweet stuff like this cool cemetary that at first i thought was a little town but i guess everyone is buried above ground here. umm there were cops all over the airport with some serious fire power no joke like 007 assualt rifles. it was pretty dulce. everyone drivers crazy i felt like i was in bourne identity. and all the trucks have like 15 people in the back of them. umm oh we got delayed in

6 comments:

Abby said...

Will you tell Lyn hi for me then next time you talk to her. I miss her too!

Shelly said...

Love reading missionary letters! If you don't mind sharing, we'd enjoy it if you just forwarded them on.

Amy Coontz said...

I love Jordan!!

Heidi and Rich said...

I love his detailed email. The bad driving and other things reminded me of my first day in Santiago Chile. Luckily I served in little tiny towns so I rarely had to drive in a car there. He sounds so excited. It will be fun to hear all the stories over the next months.

Jaime said...

We miss Jordan around here. I am happy to hear he is safetly there and ready to go teach the gospel. He is in or prayers daily.

Matthew Urmston said...

Linda, Linda your check arrived. You really could post every letter. Loved it. Love the um um and ohs and how it just ends. Goodbye! Reminds me also of my 1st days in London. I am so so excited for him and all of us that we get to be a part. Thanks for sharing. Leslie

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!