Saturday, November 15, 2008

Original Family Runner


Before there were Marathon Runners, Triathletes, All-American Swimmers, League Champion Football Players-there was a little girl who loved to run and run and run. She would go to the back of the pack and wait for the right time and then run like the race was a sprint. With her proud parents watching-Dad at the edge yelling encouragement and Mom yelling encouragement into the camera, she would thrill us everytime. Well she did it again. She has coached many fantastic runners to a few valley championships,but today she decided she would try running a race for herself. Only four months after giving birth to a new baby boy, she ran a Half-Marathon. As her father I am amazed (amazed that anyone enjoys running or wants to go through that punishment)! Well, there she was. She finished the race, very tired, but proud that she could still do it. Time to run 13.2 miles-Me-still running into next week-Nicole- 2 hours and 8 minutes. Way to go Nicole, I am proud of you. Love Dad

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Way to go Nicole! All that hard work paid off.

Rich said...

Wow - what is up with these crazy girls? Nikki did a half marathon too after her baby was born. I don't plan on living up to their example but maybe someday I will learn to love to run like them. I miss ya Nicole. Seriously I was so blessed to live with you during my last year of college. Some days I wish we could go back (just for a day) and enjoy it!! - this is your Heidi (cousin/niece)

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Way to go, Nicole! You were always good!

Kathi said...

I am so impressed! I realize I haven't ran since I had my first baby, 4 1/2 years ago! I think that would probably kill me.

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!