Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday's Missionary Post


Here is the Monday letter. I'm posting it the way it came so you can add your own apostrophes and capitalization wherever you want them.
----Side note---- after I posted his letter I googled Cuidad Del Este so I could have some idea where he is serving and mostly what I found out is, it is on the border between Paraguay and Brazil and is notorious for drug-smuggling. I guess it isn't just ipods or xbox that Elder Urmston could purchase for pretty cheap. Please keep him in your prayers. Pray he will be safe as he loves and teaches the people of Paraguay. From one faithful but frightened MOM (only a few tears rolling down my cheeks)
Que tal!!! well everything in Paraguay is amazing. I dont even know where to start. my companion is awesome his name is elder Ramerez hes been out for a year and a half so he definitely knows what he is doing. he is about 5 foot nothing and has one of the biggest smiles you've ever seen. people always ask why they put the shortest missionary with the tallest. he is from Ecuador and he knows about 6 words in english two of which he obtained from an elder from utah who liked the words flippin and freakin so that doesnt really help our communication very much but makes me laugh so its ok. um currently im in zona 8 in ciudad del este. which is just about the farthest you can go east in our mission. Tambien it has the 2nd largest black market in the world so if anyone one needs a new computer or ipods or xbox 360 i can get them for like 50 to 100 bucks just let me know. i dont know if anyone told you but its kinda hot here and humid and really sunny and did i say hot cause its hot like 105 with some serious humidity. so yeah its hot. but i gain a huge appreciation for water so i guess thats something good from it (that was for you dad number 5 i think). right now we have 3 investigator with fechas. One is named Jessica and she is 15 she loves to pray and read whatever we give her. she is awesome. Another is manuala who is the abuela of a member family. she only speaks Guarani so we teach and her daughter translates. Its pretty much the coolest thing in the world i have no idea what they are saying but the spirit is so strong during these lessons. i cant wait to understand Guarani well i guess i should learn spanish first. the other is Junior but i havent meet him yet. he is in asuncion for some hoilday about the virgin Mary. i dont know what it is but there were fireworks going of all night it was crazy. my companion said that during christmas it gets even crazy with the fireworks and new years you cant sleep and we wont go out the day after cause every one is sleeping and smashed or drunk. Im pretty excited for next week we get to go to the presidents casa for christmas for games and comida so that should be pretty sweet. this lettter doesnt have much structure but this place is closing in like 20 mins for the virgin mary thing so i have to get of soon. um im having a great time everyone is so nice. everywhere we go people want to listen its awesome. we walk down the street and people yell MORMONS come over here or ELDERS que tal. its so much fun helping people and teaching them about this restored gospel. ts going to be even more fun when i can understand them. im studying hard and always trying to learn new words from my companion. and yesterday i promised the ward when i bore my testimony that i would undrestand them in 1 month so i need to start working even harder and definitely need your prayers. i think my favorite part of the day is when people try to say my name its hilarious not one person has said it right. my companion is still trying to get it. most of the kids at church just call me Elder kent cause they think i look like superman. well everyting is going great im loving every minute of this my testimony has grown so much and i know it will grow even more. it doesnt matter where you are the church is true. i love being a missionary Elder Urmston PS write me a letter

7 comments:

SAS said...

Amazing that even halfway across the globe kids think he's Superman! My boys are going to love that, since that's exactly what they think. Superman that walks on water.

Your son is too cool-great letter, thanks for sharing!

Jaime said...

I have tears rolling down and he isn't even my child. He sounds amazing and so happy. I will continue to pray for him.

JOY said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet missionary with us Linda! What a great example he is! Love YA!

Dean and Maryellen said...

I loved it. I am so happy for him. I know exactly what he is feeling, however he is feeling it to a greater extent, because it is coming straigt from the Spirit. To not know the language and feel how he is feeling is the best.

Kathi said...

What a sweet letter. He is so funny. I will for sure pray for him. He sounds like he is doing great! Keep us posted if he understands the ward next month. I'm sure you will;)

The Panero Family said...

I miss my brother. Talia related today that he is on his mission at the rocketship (the last time she saw him was at the airport) and she really wants to go to the rocketship.

Mr. Ailstron said...

I always thought Jordan was like Superman when I was little too.
Porter

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!