Sunday, December 14, 2008



This weekend was spent cheering on the three boys still at home. Marc has been called to be the Stake Sports guy. He has done an amazing job. He organized a ping-pong tournament,and this weekend held a flag-football tournament for the young men in our stake. Eight teams participated and after rain, wind and a little hail, the scrappy fifth ward boys emerged triumphant. They had to play the boys from Delano three times to be crowned the champions - but by 1 o'clock Saturday afternoon it was over and I had two very tired and sore and dirty but jubilant sons (and one husband in the same shape as the sons who by 1:30 were sacked out until 5 when I had to wake them for the amazing ward dinner. We had to leave the dinner to go to Mason's basketball game but the place was decorated fabulously and the food was Delicious (delicious with a capital T doesn't begin to describe the smells that were floating down the church hallway as we came in the building!) Sunday's goals *Just hoping to finally put up our tree. No partridge, no pear tree, just a fake pine with some lights could help spread some holiday cheer. Hopefully I can post a picture of our tree and our bang-up graham cracker houses this evening. Merry Christmas to all

4 comments:

Dean and Maryellen said...

sounds so very famailiar. Enjoy every minute. Sounds like Marc is in his element. Hope everyone appreciates his enthusiasm and dedication to their young men

Mr. Ailstron said...

I just thought up another idea for you Uncle Marc.. How about a dodgeball tournament?

Jaime said...

Marc I just have to thank you for making my husbands weekend. He had a wonderful time and I know his young men did also. A very fun weekend that I know they will talk about for ever. Thanks for all your hard work.

Laura said...

Hey Sister Urmston...I had deleted a bunch of people who I thought didn't read my blog so I could add more people. If you still wanted an invite let me know and I'll reinvite you. (You can only have 100 readers when your blog is private...Kinda stupid...) Happy New Year.

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!