Sunday, September 21, 2008

7 DAYS



I haven't blogged because everytime I do I start to cry! Last week was fabulous. Marc's brother from Utah was able to come down to be here for Jordan's farewell. It is a blast for my kids to have so many Nichols and Urmston cousins here in town and then cousins from up North also. We went to Greenacres for a softball game which was more than fun! There were some amazing plays and even more comical plays. After playing we came home and Courtney started yelling my name. I thought she had stepped on something or otherwise injured herself. She was shaking when I got up the stairs and held her hand out for me to see her BEAUTIFUL engagement ring. She and Brigham are officially engaged. He is a great young man who adores her.

Everyone else was out back swimming and cooling off. We scarfed down 10 pizzas and then kept swimming. When the sun finally went down, it was time to practice Uncle Peter's song. For the next hour and a half I kept walking in and out of the room trying to control my emotions. The spirit was so beautiful and I was overwhelmed with all that was happening.

I am selfish. I adore my boy and will miss him like crazy. He has been an angel since he was born. He is kind, considerate, thrifty, brave blah blah blah. I know I gush but he truly is a joy in my life and the only thing worse than having him gone for two years would be having him home when he should be gone. I appreciate everyone who has touched his life for good.

We have one more week with him and get to do a little of his favorite pastime- shopping. He is having a hard time limiting his wardrobe to what is on the list. He currently owns 70 tshirts that he must bequeath 60 of to his brothers. It should be a heart-wrenching week weeding out the wardrobe!

If you see me with baggy eyes, know I had another crying spell and just avoid the crazy woman that I am.

7 comments:

Jonesy said...

Just in case you don't know it Linda, you are one of the most amazing women I know. You are so real and honest and I am better just having known you. Hang in there and enjoy your seven days !

Jaime said...

It sounds crazy when you say 7 days. I know he is going to be a great missionary and I look forward to hearing all about his mission. Give him a huge hug and kiss for me for being such a huge example in my boys lives. Our little family is going to miss him and will be thinking of him on our family trips to Bass Lake where we have had the joy of having him come with us the past 3 years. We love you Jordan and will miss you!

hannah grace said...

it goes by fast, i swear! just keep on keepin on!

Natalie Zierenber said...

I hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog. Jill peeked in on mine and then I went to hers and found yours. Wow, your family has sure grown since we first met. What a beautiful family you have. I can't believe Jordan is leaving on his mission. Hang in there. What a wonderful thing to have your son doing the Lord's work. We love you, The Zierenbergs

Natalie said...

Sorry Linda, I am new to this blogging thing. I wanted to post a comment that would link you to my blog if you wanted to see it.

Heidi and Rich said...

I can't even imagine when my boys go. But you are right the only thing worse than missing them for two years would be to have them home. Can't live with em - can't live without em. Tell Jordan good luck. The mission is so amazing, tough, fun, crazy, spiritual, tiring, inspiring, and the list could go on and on. We will be thinking of you, Jordan, and the rest of the clan.

Memzy said...

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like my advice. And good luck holding it together. I have three boys myself and I got teary just reading this!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!