Saturday, August 16, 2008

I love living in California?

Seriously- prop. 8? I have to admit I woke up with a headache and a grumpy attitude. I sent my husband and son out to knock doors in the great Del Rio neighborhood of Bakersfield. I still have a grumpy attitude that we "get" to do this rigmarole again. Last time with prop. 22,(however many years ago) I was upbeat and wanted to help this cause. I am still wanting to further this righteous cause but the cynic in me is taking over. I watch too much television and my channel of choice is HGTV where it seems every other show is highlighting same sex couples. These couples have the money and time to decorate and then redecorate their pads with a boatload of money. Just live your life as single gay people and don't make me fight you over the sanctity of marriage. I probably will have to remove this post but seriously we fought this fight and won why can't we just leave it alone and watch you live in fat houses and spend money as singles. Oh and watch you on every other show that is on television. Rants by Linda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister!! I worked the phone last time in LA (interesting) and this time I get to be in charge of organizing the troops in my ward/area. We passed it with over 61 percent 8 years ago - why again!?! Because of 4 judges! AH!
Let them have their rights, let them live together, equal health benefits, and so on - but keep the marriage between a man and a woman!

Anonymous said...

ps- Thanks Uncle Marc for the awesome David Beckham Life Size "Got Milk" Poster - Christian loves it!!

Cooper Urmston said...

Linda i love you Leslie

Amy Coontz said...

One thing I don't think I will have to worry about here in the Bible Belt. There are perks to the south.

But I TOTALLY agree with you!

Courtney said...

PC mom...PC. well i guess that's one good thing about living in Utah. along with Tennessee i doubt we will ever have that problem..although Salt Lake is known for the Gay/Lesbian community....maybe it could happen. Well at LEAST Idaho will never have that problem..see one good reason to live in idaho...maybe the only reason but at least there is one.

Kristi said...

I'm so proud of you Californians sticking up for what you believe in. You shouldn't have to remove this post, you're entitled to your opinion. Just know that you're being blessed for doing what's right, and that God has asked you to do it.

Urmston Family said...

We are all with you on this one.

Oh, and I think more of need to "Rant" a bit more. The more quite we are the more power the other side has. Nate

Kathi said...

I am glad you are fighting for a good cause. I am sorry to say I don't think this will be the last time either. If you get too tired of it maybe you could move over here to agreeable Utah.

Jonesy said...

Okay - after just having spent an hour calling registered voters and actually having a fairly favorable response, I'm tired. And I only hit the first 2 1/2 pages of about 10+. Much work to be done. And I'll help do it. But it still bugs! Especially since we did it once before !

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!