Wednesday, September 24, 2008

She is Amazing!







Well, my wife wouldn't put this on for her, but I was impressed, so I will post it. She and I love the show "Ace of Cakes". She wants to take a cake designing class and be able to make and sell cakes. Courtney wants her to make her wedding cake. So our granddaughter who loves Scooby Doo, was having a birthday and my wife decided to attempt her first cake. I thought it was cute, everyone thought it was cute. But her biggest fault is wanting to be perfect in all things(OK not such a bad thing) . She thought of all the things she could of done different, but of course we all do that. The hardest thing for her was the reaction of our granddaughter, She loved it, she was dancing all around saying"My Mystery Machine", "I love it" Hard to find fault in a cake when it was such a hit. Anyway I thought it was wonderful!

7 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

Great job Linda!!

It is still so weird for me to "hear" you refer to someone as your grand-daughter.

Dean and Maryellen said...

Good job Grandma and thankyou grandpa for sharing with us.

Jessica said...

make a cake for us when we come out there this summer. have it be a 5,000 dollar bill, because that is how much it will cost to come next summer. that is a lot better than i could do. can't wait to see the wedding cake.

Dan and Annette Swainston Family said...

Another talent.. Watch yourself Linda the Stake will find out.

Heidi and Rich said...

Too cute Linda. Talia is in Heaven with that cake - you can tell by her smile. I enjoy making cakes for my kids but I am so amateur that I will never be able to sell mine!!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

What a great cake - I don't think Talia could have been more happy!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Just blog lurking ;) That is totally cute Linda!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!