Sunday, September 30, 2007

One to Watch

I have a movie to recommend - Freedom Writers - this is coming from a person who watches probably 5 movies a year. We rented it last night and it moved me in every way possible. It made me grateful for many things. I love that I live in America where people are still willing to listen to someone else's story. I love that I have a family of teachers who believe that you can influence the youth of America. I love that I live in California where my children are exposed to people from every race. I love that I was raised to be tolerant and view every human being as a precious child of God with infinite potential. I love that there is an opportunity for each of us to love more and accept others. I love being able to watch a movie with my kids and being able to talk to them about how they can be an influence for good in this world. We watched it last night and I stayed up past my bedtime so I have to include this last item - I love Sunday naps. If you have a chance to rent this movie I hope you will be as moved as I was.

6 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! It is protected on my DVR!! Sorry I didn't tell you about it so you could have watched it sooner!!

Dean and Maryellen said...

Great Great movie. We really enjoyed it also. what a great teacher, loving and caring about all the kids, giving everything for them.I admire teachers very much and happy that we have many in our family, who can influence for good those that they teach.

Cooper Urmston said...

That movie looked way good aunt Linda

Zach and Stacie said...

I totally rented it tonight. Amazing. The husband was a little disappointing though. Come on McDreamy!

Jessica said...

I like that mvoie too. I like your positive blog. I like you too. I like your kids as our cousins. I like calling you guys. I like life.

Jen Wolff said...

Ours just came in the mail from Netflix. I can't wait to watch it!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!