Sunday, December 30, 2007

Going to give this a try!

Christmas was great. Everyone home and feeling a little old. Courtney came from Utah and brought her friend Brigham. It was great to see her and this may sound weird but one of the best christmas gifts is to hear that one of your daughters is going to finish her second year of college. She is doing great and we are greatful to have instilled in our daughters how important schooling is. She has some of the greatest examples in her mother and two older sisters. Another wonderful gift comes from Jordan, knowing that he is working, finishing up his first semester in college and swimming. I remeber how I just wanted to do nothing until my mission and he has it all together. A great example for his younger brothers. The other brothers keep the sports events coming, both are playing basketball and keep us busy all around the town. Just a bit of fatherly pride, Mason went 10-0 in football and his basketball team is 14-0,pretty exciting to go and watch,makes for a happy teenager. Logan's team hasn't lost either. Melanie continues to teach us all how important the gospel is in our lives. Faamily prayer, family home evening and scripture reading all because of her spiritual reminders(not always her brothers favorite person, but someday will thank her -I do). It is also a different christmas when you see your grand-daughter open presents and play. A bit of pride comes when her favorite person is grandpa (don't tell anyone I said that) Favorite quote" Come on grandpa". Linda wishes she had that power. Another great gift was Nicole telling us she was having another child. We were excited for her and for me. Nothing like little ones to remind you what pure love truly is. Christmas is a great time of year and a great time to start our new goals. Would like to hear your goals, might encourage me to have some more. My first goal-Like always is to get back in shape-big summer hike is right around the corner. So starting the gym and helping boys get to their goals and it all seems to include weights and lifting, which I am not a big fan of, but they want to start and want to include me. I think so they can show how much stronger they are than me. Oh well! That would be great as long as they don.t want to pay me back for beating them in every sport. Oh yeah working on becoming more humble is one of my goals, so let's try this. I hope that they reach all their goals and I hope I can help them anyway I can. Never too late to start on the humble goal. My last goal is to find something Linda and I enjoy doing together. We read that couples who find hobbies they love to do together enjoy life longer. Hope this doesn't cause trouble for others. If you have ideas let us know. Well that is my first attempt and I hope I can keep up we all of you wonderful bloggers. To let you know swimming is right around the corner and I'm excited, not only to coach,to be able to coach another son, but more important is to coach with my daughter, Great times! Until next time.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Love the new look on your blog!!! Good luck with you new years goals. See you guys around!

Amy Coontz said...

Hey, a blog about your family, and not a house Linda is selling!!! It is so exciting.

Lauren said...

I love your blog!!

Dean and Maryellen said...

Thanks Marc, I loved hearing your thoughts. Goals seem a lot more important right now. Mine all aim toward one major goal. Teach someone the restored Gospel and see them be Baptized.
Love you, Mom

Pollock Palooza said...

Hi Urmstons! Love the pictures and can't believe how huge the boys are!! They're not little any more!

Heidi and Rich said...

So fun to hear from Marc. I am so excited for baby #2 as well. Have fun with swimming.

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!