Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nerves

Oh I love the Olympics. I just can't watch them until someone calls me into the family room. I am so nervous watching the events, and then I will cry when someone does well ,then I will cry when someone makes a mistake. Because of this I am on the computer just listening and when I hear the screams, hoots, and hollers of the men folk in the other room I run in and then they rewind it for me to watch. I want all the athletes to do everything perfect every time and then for them to all receive a gold medal. It seems like with this attitude I should be a democrat and want everyone to have everything. Seriously though these athletes have trained and dedicated themselves to their sports and deserve to all have a medal! I also cried watching the lone alternate from the men's gymnastic team in the stand sobbing while his teammates won the bronze. I have logged way to many tv hours but my laundry baskets are all empty as television and laundry are a do-together activity in my book. Oh and I have a headache from crying while they play our national anthem. I truly love being an AMERICAN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are funny! I am so glad we are all interested in the Olympics - I thought there may be an apathetic response. But tonight I was at a Booster Club family swim party and all the moms were talking about how they are losing sleep watching the late night events and/or DVRing the events during the day and scanning them.
Go Team USA!

Amy Coontz said...

I could re-post yours post on my blog.

Yeah America!!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!