Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Missionary Monday on Wednesday ;)


So, I must be following in his footsteps as he is always listing his top five or top three but I have to say this might be one of my top 3 favorite letters. I was laughing out loud as I read his play by play of the bus fiasco and then picturing him and his companion running towards each other on the streets of Paraguay. In my mind it is in slow motion with legs and arms flailing and music is playing in the background as they reunite after the 13 block run. We miss having him in our house with us but we sure feel his love coming to us. It is a great experience and I am grateful for two more sons who have made it their plan to also serve a mission.
Hey family how are you?
Sounds like a lot happened this week and a lot
is going on in life. I love life when its busy it makes it mas fun. Logan with a nasty pick against Clovis stud. Make sure we save a video of that.
Que pucha varsity didn’t hold them off its alright you guys can just regulate in the Valley Championship game. Im just glad you left concussion free. Ha that was so funny slash scary last year. I still laugh thinking about it.
And Melanie’s swimming!!! That’s awesome. I knew she was going to be good at swimming, I remember she used to race the kids during swim practice and always won. When’s you first meet Melanie? How do you like it? It’s probably a little tough right now but give it another week or two and you’ll adjust. Im excited to hear how its going next week from you.
K funny story. Every Monday we take a bus from Paraguari to Ita. Its about 30 to 45 mins. Depending on how full the bus is and what year it was made. Luckily this morning it filled up quick, as in all the seats filled and two people standing up in front of every seat if that’s sense. It was a bus meant for 40 with 102 on it. If that makes it easier to picture. So we didn’t stop for anyone along the way cause it would be impossible to get on. Mom would go cray claustrophobic on these buses. But this morning the bus flew and we got there in like 25, and the whole time my comp and I were talking and didn’t realize that we got there. So we had to push our way to the front and were like jumping on people and stepping on them cause were a good three times bigger then the rest of them. Anyways my comp made it to the front grabbed his backpack and got off with me following but i couldn’t find my backpack! So I started looking for it and the bus took off without my comp!! and me without my backpack panicking a full. So I'm grabbing all the bags trying to find mine. And the sun was in my eyes and I could see anything so I couldn’t tell which one was mine and I wanted to cry cause the bus was just going fast and fast. And people were all looking at me weird cause I was alone and they could tell I was about to have a panic attack so I finally yelled CAN ANYONE SEE A MOCHILLA NEGRA!!!! And some kid handed it to me and I ran to the front got off now a solid 13 blocks from my comp and started sprinted to my comp, I cant remember running that fast in my whole life. After 3 blocks of running I say my comp at a dead sprint as well coming towards me. The only thing he said was WHAT HAPPENED YOU WERE RIGHT BEHIND ME?! I just laughed. It was pretty funny and i don’t think im going to forget that feeling again I was scared straight. Dang now I only have 5 min.
So I went to the temple for the first time in 7 months and felt so good. Like being clean after a baptism again. I also had an Entrevista con el Presidente that was wonderful. He still kinda scares me but I like him a lot. He says hes happy with the way im working and that helped me out a lot. Cause sometimes I just feel so little. Like im working my hardest and there just isn’t enough time or hours in the day to get everything done and we just aren’t having the result we want. I think part of that problem is we have been working in 4 areas trying to do the work of 6 missionaries with just us two. But President said that he sees a lot of potential in our areas especial in Acahay so next week myself and a new missionary are headed out there to live and work all the time focusing on priesthood and Families. I'm really excited Ive been thinking about a lot of things that could help those people out and I think we are going to have a lot of success.
Other note we went to Guasuqua and found a little house to sleep in ill sent pics next week of it. And we found 15 people and got 30 other referencias so we pumped about that next week were going out there again. Ill let you know more about it next week. But we need to go back and clean the pension its gross. Also tomorrow Elder Audikitus is coming and we are having a Mission Conferience im PUMPED. That man knows how to drop the cane. K I love you all.
Your amazing and I cant wait to hear from ya next week. Good luck in the Freedom Bowl. When one of you scores, dedicate a sammy sosa to me.
Ps I Got the Package it was sweet!!! Thank you so much Candice and Nicole. I didn’t even eat that chuchi of candy in the states. And that Tie is beautiful im wearing tomorrow to the conferencia. K I love you all

No comments:

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!