Sunday, April 26, 2009

I need a break from weekends.



I cannot stay awake. I know moms are supposed to be waiting up when their offspring arrives home and I can't make it past 11. Last week was Mason's prom and he got home late -How late? Well, first when I asked him he said around 1:30, then later that night when the missionaries asked him he fessed up and admitted it as 2 because he couldn't lie to the missionaries. Ouch, he can lie to his mom but not the missionaries. He had a good time and went with a group of about 20 friends. He got his smashing suit at our favorite thrift store in Ventura. It was a vest and slacks that had some sweet topstitching. Lucky for us it is polyester so I just threw it in the washer when he got home and left the sweat saturated suit (alliteration or what?) on his bedroom floor.
So that was last weekend and this weekend is Frontier's prom. Candice was in charge and so she enlisted a bit of help from the family. She has been working like crazy for the past few weeks. I told her I would make a cake and so Friday I was up until 11 working on the cake with her, then Marc and Mason had to catch the bus to Clovis for a swim meet the following morning at 5a.m. and I couldn't go back to sleep. Later Nicole and I went down to help Candice decorate. When Marc got home at 6:30 that night, he was a little tired but I convinced him it would be supportive to drop by the Prom and see Candice. The decorations were amazing and then we entered closer to the den of iniquity. CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRap, I could not even believe it. I know I am an old lady but I am not a "hell and brimstone preacher" but even then it was beyond what I had imagined When they tell you it is sex on the dance floor at proms it pretty much is. I don't know if everyone was dancing inappropriately but I couldn't take my eyes off of two couples. I am grateful that I grew up in the footloose era. I hate to tell the teenagers of today but they are missing out on a whole lotta fun. I am now jumping off my soapbox.

No comments:

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!