Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This mom misses her son in Paraguay

week... a lot‏


Yo What UP!!!!!!!! Hows life in mother land. The Heart of South America is just dandy. Worked really hard this week and im really excited about going home when i finish this to take a nap. first of all id like to give my shout outs to my peeps, thanks uncle Michael for the update on the fam, could have guessed that kauner and taumage (wow his name is hard to spell) are tearing up every team in the city. And I don’t think im going to be able to make the bass lake trip this year, but ill run it by the prez and let you know. Thanks Ashlee for the letter let me know when you get your Olympic Trial Invite. Oh I also received my package it was killer. Most of the smart missionaries wait till they get home to open their packages. But I was to excited and opened it in front of everyone, luckily I still managed to save about half my candy so its all good. Dang the wedding looked amazing and so did Courtney. Sorry I missed it sis but I think you understand. I noticed mason is still sportin the mop killer homie. I saw that pic of the whole fam at the beach and kinda miss mine. But I think the mop dome days are done for me. tambien thank you Nicole for the Talia updates hope she doesn’t have any serious ear problems im praying for her. Bueno I think I got everyone credit ill try to get some personal letters out this month if I can find some time. Meanwhile write me more please thanks. So one cool story from this week happened on Sunday, most everything good happens on Sundays. Anyways we had about 15 investigators that we had been visiting for a solid three weeks now half of which have been coming to church. So Sunday morning we went by their house to make sure they were getting ready to go. But it was a little cloudy and like I told you Paraguayans don’t like the rain very much. So no one wanted to go because of the clouds or cause of work or other bogus excuses. So Elder Amaya and I took a lonely walk to church sin investigadores. Which was kinda a bummer cause we worked pretty hard this week and usually when you work hard the Lord blesses you with success. So we got to church sat down in the chapel trying to think of someone else we could go try and get, and about 2 minutes later a man walked in and asked us were the class was we told him where it was without thinking about asking him his name or who he was or anything. When he left my comp asked who that was I said I don’t know he said we should find out and I said ok. So we walk in the hall and he was talking with the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. After talking for a little bit we discovered that about a year ago the missionaries invited him to church. And he said he had been feeling like he needs to change his life so he woke up and felt like he should come to church. So he came!!! ¿Loco no? Anyways were going to teach him tomorrow night and ask if he wants to get baptized. Numero 2 about half way through the sacrament meeting this kid that works with the 1st counselor in the bishopric walked in to the chapel that we invited to come to church last week. We are also going to visit him tomorrow. It’s amazing to me the way the Lord blesses us sometimes. It also strengthened my testimony that if we work hard and do the things that we are supposed to the Lord will bless us, Si o Si. Sometimes in ways that we don’t expect or ways that we didn’t really have in mind. Well gotta roll out but thank you for your letters and your support. I feel your prayers everyday. Keep praying for my Spanish please I still have a lot more to learn. Alright this kid next to me is listening to tupac and its too much of a temptation to listen so for realzies -Im bouncing love you all, good luck tonight mason tear the roof of those D1 punks. Throw an elbow for me. ps last month we had 144 baptisms. goal for this month is 200 which is a lot. my comp and i are doing all we can to help. ill keep you posted. love you all and i love being a missionary. The Church is true and the book is blue.
Okay so yesterday before his letter came I was looking at pictures of Leo Carrillo and getting sooooooo excited to go to the beach and then the tears just came and wouldn't stop as I realized that my cute boy Jordan would not be at the beach throwing the football, scavengering for food, stealing quarters from the van for showers, eating 20 donuts around the campfire, getting shushed by the ranger when we ar still laughing after 10 o'clock curfew, eating all the leftovers in the cooler, skating in the street, playing with every kid on the beach, etc. - don't get me wrong, I love that he is serving the Lord, I love that he is growing as a son of Heavenly Father and I love reading his letters and hearing how great he his doing but DANG a mom can miss her boy so very bad- he is just an all around great guy and I know the saints in Paraguay love him but here at 9306 Southwick we love him more!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I loved the letter. We are going to really miss him this year at the beach and at our annual trip to bass lake. Jordan is such a great example to our little family. We love him very much and are so proud of all the hard work he is doing in Paraguay. Keep the letters coming we love the updates.

JOY said...

What a great letter! You are an amazing MOM Linda! And YES - I agree dang-it - a mom can miss her missionary! Thanks for the smiles and the tears!

Shelly said...

I remember just having someone's favorite dinner when they were on their mission would bring a tear to my eye! But he's where he should be and it will be over before you realize it! Enjoy the blessings that it brings to your family!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!