Monday, March 2, 2009

Missionary Monday


Italics aded by mom!!!Que en el mundo!!!!! (favorite phrase in the MTC) so much happened this week i dont even know where to start. 1st im glad to hear you finally got your package that bites that the games dont work i hope you figure it out. (Yes, our missionay bought pirate wii games that don't work) todovia i have not received you package but puede ser next week. well biggest news is i got a new comp se llama elder Amaya. For the past two changes he has been Branch President in Encarnacion. He is from El Salvador he has like a 6 months left in his mission and says he wants to tear them up. Gotta be top 5 coolest kids in the world. he reminds me a lot of Mikey Noonchester. (Look at the photo)-no photo was included so just imagine that he looks like Mikey Noonchester But this elder knows how to work so were about to move some serious weight this month. we have 4 investigadores with fechas right now so that’s way exciting. And 3 more that i love teaching and were are going to put fechas with this week. So if everything goes perfect, which it will because yo tengo Fe, we will have 7 baptisms this month. Im psyhed. ill keep you posted. Well this week we also had a meeting with all the missionaries from the mission and it was probably the best meeting i have ever been to in my life. I think the lat 20 meetings he has been to have been the best meetings of his life. Amazing what attitiude has to do with our feelings about meetings.We got to hear from Elder Audukuites (pretty sure there isn’t that many u´s.. whatever) who gave a talk in conference about how his dad read the book of Mormon and it changed his life. i remember that talk being way powerful and he spoke with that same power with us. basically he told us if we are not baptizing then were sinners, and we dont have faith. Ouch… but he did in such a way to modivate everyone, especially me. he did practices and was pretending to be an investigator and had missionaries come up and try and get inside his house. It was hilarious every shut down he used were ones that I have heard before and hear almost everyday. So now every time I hear a- otro dia or maybe next week, it just reminds me of him and I just laugh. but it was way good I also got to give the closing pray and after all my buddies from the MTC were like Elder Urmston your Spanish you know how to speak spanish. Which was a good confidence booster cause I still think its crappy. But learning everyday and my new comp is the bomb at Guarani so im going to learn a lot more of that this change as well. Pero gotta roll we going to help Presidente Martinez build his house. early this week we moved 2500 bricks. Just my comp and I, president, his son in law, and his Grandma who is 84 years old and was tearing it up. She was carrying like 5 bricks at the same time and I was carrying like 6 I felt like a wuss so I started carrying 8 and she moved up to 7 so I had to move up to 10 and almost killed myself. I was dead after and just sat down and she went and cooked us lunch and brought us drinks, still having a bunch of energy so I looked like a little girl. But what ever she’s a stud. But for reals gotta go love you all let me know how the game goes mason, No mercy. PS Good job Logan 1st place in IM holla at cho boy. Probably not going to beat my record but you can still try. PS got your letter grandma and grandpa still don’t know how to send a letter to austrailla but ill figure it out this week. PSS Signed my get legal papers on Friday in Asuncion so… im legal. (not sure what he means by legal but will let you know when I know)

1 comment:

Jensen's Funny Farm said...

I can't even begin to say how much fun it is to be able to log on to the computer and have an instant connection to my wonderful extended family!! ( Hi-speed internet just became available in our neck of the woods.) It's wonderful to hear about Jordan's mission work and see pics of Courtney's wedding. (what a beautiful bride!!) I just love mu Urmston cousins!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!