Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shhhh!


I want to just sneak under the radar so no one  notices how good my life is right now.  First of all Young Woman's Camp was just amazing.  A week of appreciating the beauty not only of nature but of the amazing group of people at Big Meadow.  I loved sharing the week with so many girls but also the leaders who have dedicated their lives to building the kingdom.  I estimate that with 60 adults attending (not factoring the weeks of work before hand) that the salary for the staff at camp is -priceless!  No mastercard commercial could do justice to all the things that were purchased and then lovingly made to hopefully produce a memory in a girl's heart that will then put a deposit in her testimony bank.  I can't even begin to name all the people who brought tears to my eyes as I watched them serve.  I only hope that I can continue to serve my Heavenly Father and share what I have been given.  I had the greatest youth to work with,  Nichole Henderson, Macy Schafer, Emma Luthi, Marissa Wagner, and Whitney Barry.  The organization of the church will go forward in the capable hand s of the Lord's youth.  I loved being at camp with my Marc.  He worked at week at keeping me focused.  I love, love , love him.
Second our cute grandson is sweet,sweet,sweet.  He is a calm baby and that is such a blessing to have that personality in a family.  I pray he can bring so many more blessings into Nicole's home.
And third, I am in Hawaii-nope needs no explanation.

2 comments:

Dean and Maryellen said...

You deserve it all. Savor every minute, as I have said and you are seeing, it goes by really fast. I am trying really hard to savor every minute.
loveyou, mom

Race Fam said...

From hearing everyone talk about girls camp, it makes me wish I could have gone. Wow, I know you must be having the time of your life right now, I am excited for you. And just to let you know you have some obedient kids, they were all at church on Sunday, Wow, good parenting!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!