Monday, July 28, 2008

It all started with a KISS



Well, it is day four and that is when I start missing my kids.  I know they are fine without me but I like to think they can't survive unless I am home.  Jordan even made it to Albertsons and used the coupon right, bought the Peanut butter for my buy price and saved $100.00.  I am truly obsessed with my shopping bargains.  We are having a wonderful time and I am so amazed at the beauty of this island.  I do wonder why all the different vegetation is where it is.  Heavenly Father's master plan never ceases to amaze and humble me.  I went snorkeling and it was spectacular.  I felt like I was part of Planet Earth.  Yesterday we drove around the top of the island and stopped in Hilo for Tropical Dreams which had been reccommended for "great ice cream"  they had closed so we tried Wilson's by the Bay.  It was delicious. I love ice cream and cold treats.  I think the 45 year wait to visit Hawaii was worth the wait but I now have to figure out how to come again.  It is beautiful but nothing beats a week at Leo Carrillo with my kids.  We drove down Banynan Drive and actually saw a Banyan tree planted by Mr. Leo Carrillo in 1933.  They were the coolest trees and humongous.  They looked like they were ready to pull up their roots and walk somewhere. The top picture is Marc jumping off a wooden bridge.  I was a little nervous but once a boy always a boy.  Alohaaa

2 comments:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

What a fun vacation to follow girl's camp! Both are great, but for different reasons. Enjoy yourself!

Pollock Palooza said...

You're crazy! I would never jump! We currently have 12-14 feet of scaffolding in our front room (so we can paint to the top) and I got up 6 feet... freaked out... and then my friend hoped up to do the actual paint job while I watched from the "safe" ground.

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!