Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another birthday





I was hoping to post picture from when she was a baby and don't know how to do it so here is the Happy b-day tribute to Candice ten days late. As a mom my birthday honorees usually have to wait for the celebration. Oh someday I will be perfect and then no one will know who I am. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I want to wish this girl a belated birthday! She has been a wonderful and fun daughter for all the days of her life. She is beautiful and brilliant as well as kind and funny. For all you parents of babies out there, be patient with your little ones. Candice was such an easy baby that she just lived her infant life a little too laid back. She didn't walk until she was 15 months old and I would pray every night that she would be "normal". I was so worried that she had some developmental problem. She loved to just sit on her adorable bottom with her pointer finger propped in her mouth and watch the world go by. I thought she was just sitting but she really was taking it all into her little brain and storing it so she could become the amazing girl she is today.
I know that being single isn't her dream but we enjoy that she still has the time to come over and hang out. She is a great sister to all her siblings and they love to have her as their friend. She loves her job teaching and truly wants her students to succeed. I love talking to her about her lessons in young womens. Watching your child serve in the gospel is a joy that I feel blessed to experience. I know that she gets her love of teaching form her dad and it is a trait I admire in both of them. She is off to Europe with a group of students for 10 days and I hope she has a wonderful time as their chaperone and gets her fill of gelato. We love our daughter and are happy to have her for all eternity

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Candice is such a wonderful smart chicky. I remember Kaylin doing that same thing. Sitting for ever and happy as ever. I think she turned out quite "normal". I will start praying.

Heidi and Rich said...

I have always considered Candice a special cousin to me since we share our birthdays. I love that we celebrated our b-day together back in the day. She is so sweet, beautiful, smart, motivated, etc. I could go on and on about her. Happy B-day.

Amy Coontz said...

I'm supposed to read Enders game,the prince and the popper,and The contender don't know if you know them but those are them.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

She definitely surpasses "normal" ... and aren't we glad you didn't give up on her! She really is all around great, I wish we could see each other more often!

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!