Saturday, May 31, 2008

All-American





Okay,really, this is not a cheesy Christmas letter where I tell everyone how wonderful my family is but---------------Jordan made the paper today and was honored as an All-American swimmer in the 200 backstroke. In order to make All-American you need to have the top 16 times in the nation. When he swims, it is like a machine and just beautiful to watch. At the state meet a girl on his team took pictures but not mom, so I don't have any to post but will when I get them. By the way I don't post the bad news like we are eating rice and beans for the rest of the month because Logan and Mason get to go to EFY for the week for the whammy price of $800.00 or that I have so much laundry that all my baskets are overflowing or that something in my fridge has died and I really don't want to find out what it is or that I hate the price of gas (currently $4.29 9/10) and we own a truck and a family van that both get crappy gas mileage or that today is the last day of the month and I got the call from my cute visitng teacher supervisor and had to give her the news that "no I did not do my visiting teaching this month not evan a phone call or a letter". Should I go on or will it suffice if I list the good things and keep the frustrations of life to myself. Really life is good -
it could be better but it is my life and it is what the Lord wants me to deal with so I will post the fun stuff and love my life!

4 comments:

SAS said...

Don't sweat all the other stuff--you're the moma of awesome studdly boys and your the greatest camp director ever. What more you you want!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You forgot to mention that you babysat 6 kids at once last week - you do enough of those sweet acts all of the time to feel good even if you didn't get to your visiting teaching!

Pollock Palooza said...

HA!!! That picture is HILARIOUS!! Congratulations on all american swimmer... especailly since Bakersfield has a lame swimming program. However I bet it felt awesome to pass up those Clovis swim club kids:)

Jessica said...

Wow Jordan, All American swimmer. We can finally brag about our cousin who is going on a mission too!! Linda, Life sounds great. At least you can afford the rice to go with the beans!
We are living on beans! Anyone want to come visit??

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!