Thursday, July 23, 2009

Young Women's Camp 2009


How can one week be so amazing? Our theme this year was "Because I Believe". Each day we tried to have a daily theme that built on the day before. Tuesday it was Strengthen Home and Family, Wednesday was Stand with the Savior, Thursday was Live Temple Worthy, Friday was The Light of the Gospel shines through Me, and Saturday was Be an Example. The food was organized, cooked, and served by ladies who can do it all. The kitchen at camp is one of my favorite places to hang out. They get it all done all while laughing and building up everyone around them. I worked with ladies who this year all roped our husbands into coming and helping out. We truly relied on their support for so much of camp. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who take time off work and family responsibilities to share all their wonderful talents for a week at Big Meadow. We had almost 200 girls in 6 different groups this year and each group had leaders that went above and beyond in every way. Thank you, thank you for all you do. It was another year filled with the spirit, fun and work.
In one of Jordan's letter he commented on how work was fun and I truly will have to agree that doing the Lord's work is fun. I just wanted to post and tell anyone who reads this thanks for whatever part you played in helping to pull together camp this year. I truly feel that the Lord was pleased with the hearts that were touched and the testimonies that were strengthened this year.

3 comments:

Renée said...

Linda-- thanks to you for a great YW camp. I don't know how you do it. Well, actually, I do.. but I am still amazed. It was a wonderful camp. And to quote an ever-loved lady, "Practically perfect in every way". :-) You are the best. My girls both said it was their favourite year ever.

Meg said...

Hey Linda, Been trying to call you, but I guess I have the wrong number. Meggie found your blog for me! I was wondering if you still do the vinyl (say yes please, please!). Super Saturday is attacking me again. Anyway could you give me a call ASAP. Suzie Stewart

Unknown said...

I live in Temecula, CA and we are doing camp at Leo Carillo this year....I would love to talk to you if possible....my e-mail is narenas.acci@gmail.com - perhaps we could switch numbers and I can talk to you about some of the things you did and possibly get a copy of your itinerary and learn a few things from you.....don't know anyone else who went there.

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!