Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gratitude

A week of just nice things! It is Sunday morning and I am exhausted. My feet ache and that is even after Marc fell asleep rubbing them for me. We have had Youth Conference this weeekend and it has been pretty intense.
Let me list nice things of the week.
*CONFERENCE- Love it, Love it, Love it^
*Courtney finished her two year degree as LDSBC and has been accepted at the U. Go Red but we will still love the BYU sporting program!
*Candice has a job teaching at Frontier next year which is somewhat bittersweet. She had to take an involuntary transfer due to the never ending budget crisis in the government of California. (It should no longer be called a crisis in my opinion. Call a spade a spade. People spend more than they should in government and in life and then others get to sacrifice and pay the price. I really shouldn't be bothered by it but sometimes I come to the realization that maybe I am not as nice as I wish I was and judge those in charge of our tax revenues to be kin to idiots.) So she was let go frpm Liberty and went on interviews at 5 different schools. She was impressed with the staff and overall feel of Frontier and was hoping to be asked to teach there. We were able to fast for the Lord's help and it happened. Just one more oportunity to put a deposit in my testimony bank.
*Jordan won both of his individual events at his swim meet as well as his relay. The Bakersfield Californian finally placed a small blurb about the BC swim team in the Sports section. As for total superficial things his attire for prom was great with the large Dr. Suess tie and his happy flowers. (Pictures to come later hopefully)
*Marc and I were able to spend the weekend with Mason and Logan at Youth Conference. They aren't the most outgoing boys but I am so glad they are mine. We had some excellent workshops and it was fun to get out of town and be with my boys. Also grateful for their cousins that are great examples to them.
*Grateful for a husband who supports me 100% in my calling. Whatever it is from helping set up tables wash dishes or just rubbing my feet and holding me when I am dead-tired. He ran the games at youth conference as only he can. I love to see him use his gifts with the Youth as we are able to serve. Tonight is the testimony meeting and I hope I can stay awake for it.
*My sweet Melanie who wanted to stay up so she could have a hug goodnight because she missed her hug goodnight on Friday night. Jordan stayed with her and took her to Cystic Fybrosis activity and out for Jamba juice. (The highlight of Motherhood has to be when your kids do something nice for each other)

6 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

That is so sweet that Jordan and Melanie had a little time together. I hope to one day get to serve together with Rich. We seem to swap assignments and although we both love our callings right now - it would be fun to serve together. Tell Candice congrats...I am sad she had to leave her school but at least she got the school of her choice. We love you and I miss being around my favorite bunch of Urmstons.

Jaime said...

Yeah for candice!!!! I am so happy she is going to be at Frontier. Jordan looked so cute in the picture of Prom. I am sure they had a good time. Michael said that the games at youth conference were great as always. Last but not least way to go Courtney. I am sure she is going to love the U of U.

Peter FNFN said...

i do those kinds of things all the time and mother never notices. :(

i'm glad to hear candace landed a job and didn't get too messed up by our over-zealous government spending

Peter FNFN said...

p.s. i'll see more of Courtney now - i'm moving to sugarhouse in July.

Dean and Maryellen said...

Motherhood is somthing to be cherished. When we focus on the good parts there is nothing better. At this point in my life I only remember the good. Frontier was very smart to hire Candice. Did Courtney change her e-mail address?

Shelbywho & her boys said...

How cool is that! Candice will be teaching at Tylers school next year. Congrats!!!!! Its nice to hear good things happen to good people.

****

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Whitney
Two Men Conquer the Mountain

The Family

The Family
Sun-kissed and oh so happy at Leo Carillo! Our Easter tradition for 20 years and we couldn't be in a better place. Life is all about family and I feel so blessed to have the children and husband that I have.

Jordan at Bass Lake

Jordan at Bass Lake
He thinks he's pretty awesome...

Dad and his other boys

Dad and his other boys
Coach Urmston pumping up the boys before they break two Area records.

Nicole and Courtney

Nicole and Courtney
Happy Birthday to Harry Potter! Candice threw a great bash for Harry's birthday - We should llive at Hogwarts.

Lo-dawg

Lo-dawg
Logan and Buddha are hardcore.

Mommy and Talia

Mommy and Talia
Wake up, Mommy. Yee-haw, yee-haw!

Talia and Candice

Talia and Candice
Rollin'

Melanie

Melanie
Bo Derek building sandcastles.

Marky Marc

Marky Marc
On his way to China.

Incredibles

Incredibles
Doesn't get any better than this!